Alison Sweeney Blogs: Biggest Loser's Kid Contestants Will Inspire Change






The Biggest Loser










01/04/2013 at 12:55 PM EST



Alison Sweeney hosts NBC's The Biggest Loser and is the award-winning star of Days of Our Lives, in addition to being an author, director, producer, wife and mom. Like she has for the past two seasons, Alison will blog each week about the latest episode of The Biggest Loser. Follow her on Twitter @Ali_Sweeney

Happy New Year!

I'm in New York for an appearance on Today to talk about the season 14 of The Biggest Loser. Having taken some time between seasons, I have to say, I really missed being on the Ranch and with the show trainers and contestants. When I introduced Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince to the crowd the first day of production, and then welcomed back Jillian Michaels, the reaction was exhilarating. Then, to welcome such a great group of contestants and surprise the audience with our three kids was AWESOME!

The childhood obesity epidemic in our country is frightening to me, particularly as a mom to two young children. I was heartbroken a few seasons ago when Max Morelli couldn't be part of the show because he was too young. I'm so glad the producers figured out a way for kids who want help to receive that help from the best in the business. These kids truly can inspire a change.

As I mentioned on The Ellen DeGeneres Show yesterday, my family and I spent the holidays skiing and snowboarding in Mammoth in California, and let me tell you – it was incredible! A gorgeous setting, tons of outdoor activities and waking up to snow on Christmas morning was just incredible. And between shoveling snow and hiking up the hill for a rogue snowboard, I got in several pretty tough workouts. At one point, Ben (my son) was so soaked from playing in the snow that I thought his clothes were going to freeze while he was wearing them!

We came back to Los Angeles a bit early for me to start 2013 doing the work that I love. First, I co-hosted the Tournament of Roses Parade for NBC with Al Roker. Having grown up in Pasadena, and having gone to the parade each year as a kid, the opportunity to co-host was one I couldn't pass up. The morning was definitely a very early one (which was a great excuse to have a quiet New Year's Eve at home with my family). Each of the floats was more gorgeous than the next and I loved the Dr. Seuss theme. My dad brought my kids to the route, where they got to come see me getting ready, and gushed about how amazing the floats are close-up. The horses were Megan's favorites, of course!

Yesterday's interview with Ellen was the first time I've seen her since our Jenga rematch. I never know what Ellen has in store for me when I'm on the show but I do know that I always have a good time while there. I had no idea we were going to play Guesstures. Ha! What fun. I love visiting Ellen. I always love reading your responses to our conversations on Twitter and Facebook.

Have you seen promos for the new season of The Biggest Loser? Are you excited for the show's return on Sunday (9 p.m. ET) and Monday (8 p.m. ET)? Are you ready to join Challenge America when the show premieres on Sunday and unlock the secrets to the Ranch? If so, you can pre-register now at biggestloser.com. Also make sure to follow me at @Ali_Sweeney and keep me posted on your thoughts throughout the season (or just laugh at some of the funny stuff I Tweet!).

You're reading an article about
Alison Sweeney Blogs: Biggest Loser's Kid Contestants Will Inspire Change
This article
Alison Sweeney Blogs: Biggest Loser's Kid Contestants Will Inspire Change
can be opened in url
http://newselectroballistics.blogspot.com/2013/01/alison-sweeney-blogs-biggest-loser-kid.html
Alison Sweeney Blogs: Biggest Loser's Kid Contestants Will Inspire Change